Thursday, August 5, 2010

Work, Work,Work

So much work! Yesterday started with my first Product Knowledge class after the break, we talked a bit about our experiences over the break and then dove right into our next topics... Onions and Tubers (Potatoes). It was interesting and we tasted roasted cippolini onions as well as roasted fingerling potatoes. Lunch ended up being from Cuisines of Asia and it was China Day. I had Braised Pork Belly with Bok Choy and Rice. It was excellent, something I could eat all the time. After a little break I met with my Gastro group to continue research on Rick Bayless (as it turns out it's really tough to find info on the guy which is weird since he's pretty famous). After an easy math class, we headed to dinner where I had Pasta with Bacon, Peas and a Shallot Cream Sauce. The pasta was undercooked and kind of hard but the sauce was delicious. After dinner was pretty boring, homework and hanging out before bed.

Today I once again had the class I enjoy least, bright and early, and it didn't disappoint. She did seem kinda mad when she realized no one had watched the videos for homework but since we couldn't "discuss it" we got out nice and early. Lunch was back to banquet for our 3-course meal and the menu consisted of Tomato Salad with Fontina Cheese and Watercress as an appetizer. Pretty good, I'm not a huge fan of plain tomatoes but all together it was tasty. The entree was Meatloaf with Creamed Corn, Mashed Potatoes and some sauce. Something they have served before and it was all still very good. Finally dessert was a Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler which was fantastic, probably my favorite type of cobbler. Then against my better judgment I skipped Food Safety, hopped in my car at 4pm and drove 3 hours home to play in my semi-final summer league frisbee game. I played pretty well (covered the mvp of the league most of the game) but we lost 15-12 and so I had a 5 1/2 hour car ride for a loss which was extremely disappointing. I got back safe and saw my friends before retiring to my room to study for my 2 quiz/exam type deals tomorrow, one in PK and one in Math.

After I bang out those quizzes I'll be free to relax this weekend.

Chef Werblin

No comments:

Post a Comment