Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekends are Supposed to be Relaxing, Right?

So Friday was a day dedicated to quizzes, exams or whatever you want to call them. I woke up nice and early (8am) to study for PK. Our quiz had 20 MC questions based on everything we've learned and a 10 question practical on the produce we've gone over. It wasn't too bad considering I had to know Lettuces (Cabbages, Cooking Greens, etc), Mushrooms, Stalks, Tubers, Onions, Roots and so on... a lot of produce. Anyway after that I made my way to banquet for my lunch. Lunch was good but something we've eaten before, Pork Loin with Yucca Cake, Chayote, Tomatillo Salsa and Chorizo Stuffing. The pork was much better this time and the salsa again was excellent. The other 3 were just ok, Chayote has a strange flavor and the Yucca and Stuffing weren't stellar. I took a nice nap that afternoon before I destroyed my Math Quiz. Dinner was the always delicious Taco Bell at the mall and the night was a fun night of hanging with my friends in the dorms.

Saturday I slept in and then met with my group to work on my Rick Bayless Project. To be honest the rest of my day was a blur of sleeping inside and outside (it was so nice outside) before our adventure. Now when I say adventure I don't mean a planned adventure. We heard about this really good diner about 25 minutes away but on the way we got lost/my GPS sucks and took us so far out of the way. We finally arrived and as it so happens, the place was pretty excellent. HUGE portions for reasonable prices. The only downfall was this Cannoli Cheesecake that they're famous for was discontinued this past week so we decided to keep going back and complaining until it's re instituted. We got back and watched a movie until sleep time (2am... big mistake)

Yet again I made the trek home at 8:30am for my Grandma's surprise birthday party and surprised she was. It was a very nice brunch buffet with lots of family and friends. Another long drive home and I was able to relax, about time. A little nap, some tv and some friend time before bed. Another week goes by and I get closer and closer to the kitchen, which by the way is Seafood Identification and Fabrication... at 5:30 AM!!!! I'm gonna be a zombie. For anyone that isn't a morning person like me but wakes up early, tips would be appreciated for me to stay alive (besides coffee and red bull).

Chef Werblin

1 comment: