Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Monday/Tuesday

The last 2 days have been pretty standard, classes, fun food and outdoor activities with my new friends. Monday was pretty boring in terms of class, but I'll let you know about all the great food I ate so you can be jealous. Lunch consisted of a Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Salad with Balsamic which was something I could easily eat every day of the week and twice on Sundays. The entree, Sauteed Duck Breast with Potatoes Au Gratin. I'm getting used to the idea of duck since I've now eaten it 3 times in a week and both were very good. Finally dessert was Profiterole Dipped in Chocolate. Another win in the dessert column for this school. Dinner was pretty plain... Beef Burrito with Salsa, good but not out of this world. Monday night consisted of bball and an hour or so of homework (believe me when I say I'm surprised I actually did homework too).

Today we had Gastronomy with the teacher who I don't care for too much. She just rubs me the wrong way although the material is decently interesting... the odds of me even remotely enjoying any part of that class in the next 6 weeks is highly unlikely. Today for lunch was not a good day... the appetizer was Gravlox (cured salmon) with Arugula, Fennel and a Chive Oil. I don't care for salmon much as is, especially if its cured which I learned today. Not a good appetizer for me although I did try it. The entree was Chicken Roulade with Fresh Mozzarella and Sage over Couscous with Broccolini. The chicken wasn't bad but the sage overpowered most of the flavor, the couscous tasted ok but seemed softer than any couscous I've had before and broccolini is very bitter and was covered in red pepper flake which did not mix well with the bitter. The only highlight of this meal was the dessert (again!) which was a Chocolate Pot De Creme which is basically a little bowl of delicious chocolate, mousse-like pudding that was topped with whipped cream and strawberries. Excellent but too rich for me to take more than a few bites of without developing a headache (thank you genes from mom). Tonight for dinner was Roasted Herb Chicken with Potatoes, Onions and Mushrooms... not bad.

I hit the gym for about an hour, ran to go get some food cause I'm a fat ass and I'm starving at 10pm and finally I'm gonna go to a friends room to hang and play Skip-Bo (a fun card game kinda Uno-ish... look it up if you're curious) before I come back to do some homework... sorta.

Chef Werblin

ps. Today we learned that food aversions are something that people develop usually for strange and non-nonsensical reasons and that overcoming them is very possible so I pose to you this. Pick one food you dislike whether it be from a bad memory or another reason and for 2 months, incorporate it into your diet and meals and overcome that aversion so that your cuisine palate can be expanded.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to play skip-bo with my grandparents. sweet.

    ReplyDelete