Thursday, June 24, 2010

Brewery Club

So my friend and I went to a Brewery Club Meeting to check it out. Turns out its awesome. They had finished brewing an Apricot Wietbeer which is a Belgian-style wheat beer which just needed to be carbonated (I tried it non-carbonated and it was bangin). They also brewed a home Guiness which I wasn't quite ready so I didn't try and finally a homemade Root Beer for the week early 4th of July fest this weekend. As new found members of the club the head guy asked us to make Vanilla Ice Cream... from scratch... so we found a recipe online and made it happen while they finished the brew.

After separating 40 eggs and whisking that with 5 cups of sugar (which almost made my shoulder fall off), we combined vanilla bean, 20 cups of both heavy cream and milk and let that come almost to a boil. From there we slowly whisked the cream mixture into the eggs and sugar and put it over the heat again just to thicken some before we chilled it. It will be put in the ice cream maker on Sunday before the event. It tasted incredible and will go down as the first thing I created at CIA. A fun night so I thought I'd share.

Chef Werblin

No comments:

Post a Comment