Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday, A Block Party

I wasn't going to write about today cause not much happened but I'm sitting in my dorm and kinda bored so why not. Today was the Stars and Stripes Block Party which was right behind my dorm. Set-up were some inflatable things, a slip n' slide, a dunk tank and a whole mess of food. Myself and a friend who are new members of the Brewery Club went to the tent to serve our Root Beer Floats with Guinness Ice Cream (that the two of us made). We did that while it was busy then walked around and saw some friends and had some food, including cotton candy, smoothies, frozen bananas, flavored popcorns, fried oreos and twinkies, burgers, hot dogs, and watermelon. After some slip n' slide fun we ended up just hanging out till around 5.

We parted ways to take showers and then three of us went to dinner at this restaurant right on the Hudson. It was excellent and we split Brie in Puff Pastry (incredible!) for an appetizer and I got Ribs and Crab Cakes which was awesome. The rest of our friends decided to grill outside for dinner but didn't do so until around 10pm so when we got back we met them and I had my second dinner of the night... Grilled BBQ Chicken, Corn, Mashed Potatoes and Watermelon. All in all a successful day eating. This week classes really get into full swing so hopefully I'll be learning a whole lot. Looking forward to next weekend when we are going to NYC on Saturday. Time to go read.

Chef Werblin

2 comments: